Sunday, February 5, 2012

Going Down The Affiliate Rabbit Hole

You see?

This is exactly what I'm talking about: stumbling around in the dark, bumping into things.   Tonight has been nutty.

Nutty I tell you!

Ok, let me back up: last year I went to the "Get Radical Conference" in D.C. and had an absolutely astonishingly amazing, inspired time.  Since then I've been receiving weekly email "Get Radical Newsletters" from the organizer, Doreen Rainey, that I think are models of professionalism and style.  In fact, I think her entire personal branding campaign is pretty spot-on.  Great design, professional images,  knickknacks, she even sold a fantastical music CD produced by her husband and played some of the tracks to kick-off the conference and pump people up during the transitions between speakers.


ANYWAY, a couple days ago, I read some fineprint and noticed that she's actually offering her own affiliate program.  My first thought ~ "Wow!  So legit!"  then "I would totally promote her conference!" then "So smart!" and finally, "Hey ~ how does she do that?!"    And while I sat there pondering this in awe,  a pop-up, well, popped up (duh) and informed me that I could get INSTANT access to a) 7 tips  b) an audio presentation and c) her Ezine.   Cool.  (See how legit that is?)


ANYWAAAY,  being the curious cat that I am, one thing led to another, and next thing you know I had descended deep into the affiliate rabbit hole, and in the process discovered even more things ~ kinda like unearthing some sort of shady secret affiliate society or something.






I'll trace my steps here:
  • FIRST I checked out how to become an Affiliate for the "Get Radical Conference" and signed up:https://empoweringmoment.infusionsoft.com/app/affiliateCenter/home
  • Then I was curious about infusionsoft.com, which appears to be service that she's using to recruit folks to become her affiliates 
  • THEN the infamous awesome popup poppedup (probably the first time I've ever referred to popup as "awesome") and I was curious about how she did that!  So, I checked out the fine print and it led me http://popupdomination.com/ a subscription service that allows you to create your own popups & guaranttees a 400% increase in subscriptions
  • THEN I noticed that the Pop-Up site wants people to be THEIR affiliate too!  #ayecarumba (this is were I started gettin loopy)  http://popupdomination.com/3/affiliates/#
  • AND THEN I noticed that PopUpDomination uses ClickBank, yet ANOTHER affiliate program (likeLinkshare, or Amazon Associates, or VigLin) which you can sign up for, connect to merchants, and earn commissions from selling their products. http://www.clickbank.com
  • And while peeking at what appears to be a HUMONGOUS list of merchants, and categories, I stumbled into this ebook one: ttp://www.clickbank.com/spotlightProfile.htm?f=mkt&v=savmarriag which captured my interest since I've been giving some thought to writing an ebook (or two) lately, and became curious as to whether this is a feasible/useful way to promote such an endeavor...
  • So, I peaked at the vendor profile, not because the book fascinates me, but because their request for affiliates interests me, and it led me to this website, which is perhaps, the most interesting site in the entire rabbit hole:  http://www.savethemarriage.com/affiliate/affiliate.html     And while I only skimmed it, I have linked it here for my future reference, and plan to visit it again when it's not 3:25am and I am not actually delirious. 
The End.
  • Oh wait. Just one last link.  This appears to be the service that Doreen is using to get coordinate her affiliate marketers:  https://infusionsoft.com/app/affiliateCenter/home 
    Cool, right?!  

Ok.  That is all.

G'nite.

Kisses!

    2 comments:

    1. Haha delirious, hilarious, insane, entertaining, nutty, amusing, comical, priceless! A few of the things that come to mind while reading!! ;). I also suggest taking up video blogging whereas that would be even more insane!

      Side note- "giving some thought to writing an ebook (or two) lately". Do it and preferably at 3:25am, it is your best time! :):):):):):):)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Yaaaaaay! This makes me SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SO happy!!! Thank you so much for not only your awesome feedback, but being willing to subject yourself to my complete lack of sanity. AND, by the way, YOU ARE MY VERY FIRST AND ONLY COMMENTER!! So you clearly get the grand prize! <3

      ReplyDelete