Saturday, February 11, 2012

Timeline: Is Facebook Just Messing With Us Now?

      
I see that my Facebook account has involuntarily changed to the new "timeline" format. I see that Facebook is soliciting my "feedback" on said timeline. So I offered feedback:
Timeline is,
...cumbersome, not intuitive, aesthetically muddled, and not user friendly at all....   I am completely bewildered as to the logic of radically transforming an interface that has met with more success than any other application known to humankind!   I can only imagine that it will antagonize legions of users.  WHY?
I'm a little frustrated.  Can you tell?
Listen, I know that change happens. It's good to be flexible.  But social media is now a part of the fabric of our lives - so much so that we practically reside there.  Most people don't do so well with change.  So when Facebook remodels Facebook, Facebook remodels our collective home.  It rearranges our furniture.  Tears down our front porch.  Reorganizes our kitchen.  How are we supposed to cook our families dinner when we can't even find the crockpot?   Come on Facebook!   Throw us a bone, will ya?! (Because we can't find our dog bowls and the dogs are hungry).

I mean, it's not like "Timeline" simply involves a modest tweak here and there.  No!  It's an outright, whole hog, hook line and sinker overhaul.  Lock stock and barrel. Whole enchilada. Triple enchilada/taco/beans and rice combo meal.   

With salad.   

And on a related note - WHY are they insisting on using a ★ (star symbol) next to posts to indicate that we can "EXPAND to WIDESCREEN?" when EVERYONE KNOWS that a ★ is used to indicate "FAVORITE?!" And WHY do they insist upon using a (pencil symbol) to indicate "HIDE OR DELETE" when EVERYONE else has only ever used a to mean "CLICK TO EDIT"?    

Seriously. Are they just messing with us now? 

I dunno.  

I suppose I could be overreacting.    It's happened before. (Often)    What do you think about new and improved Facebook?

No comments:

Post a Comment