Thursday, March 15, 2012

Where is my "Upload Theme" Tab? (Wordpress Problems)

PROBLEM:

I purchased a domain yesterday and transferred from Wordpress and would now like to
change themes. However, when I login to WP, I am missing the "Upload Theme" tab under "Appearance". I did find a WP Forum Thread that describes my problem, but the solution was unclear.  Do I need to reinstall WP?  
___________________________________________________________________________

SOLUTION:

Because I had ALREADY purchased the domain with Wordpress, everything was was STILL on their servers, NOT the new domain host as I had thought.   So, apparently the "1-click" transfer works only for brand new domains that you purchase with the new host.   So, in this case, I had to change the "name servers" at Wordpress to my new hosts' servers.
I did so in the following 9 steps:












No comments:

Post a Comment